- Dear Mikhail Sergeevich!
Gorby-80 team whole-heartedly congratulates You on Your Birthday.
With all our souls we wish You longevity and good health.
We all are really thankful not only for the changes, that happened to our lives with Your efforts, but for honesty, loftiness and humanness, which marked Your activity on both political and public fields.
For each and every one of us it is pleasure and honor to work with You on our charitable project,
Find out more
- Former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev celebrates his 80th birthday on the 2nd of March 2011, and on March 30th his family and friends are marking the occasion with an exclusive gala concert at the Royal Albert Hall, London.
To mark his achievements and to celebrate “the man who changed the world”, famous artists from around the globe will perform in a series of poignant duets on stage at the gala birthday party.
- The first laureates of Gorbachev’s Award are: Sir Tim Berners-Lee, Ted Turner and Ewans Wadongo.
Gorby80 Team heartedly congratulates all the nominees and the winners.
- FINAL LINE UP OF STARS FOR GORBACHEV’S 80th BIRTHDAY GALA CONCERT & AWARDS ANNOUNCED
- Attendees include international figures from politics, music and entertainment –
The final line up of stars that will perform at Mikhail Gorbachev’s 80th birthday gala was announced today. Those performing at the star-studded event in London on Wednesday evening include Dame Shirley Bassey, Katherine Jenkins, Bryan Ferry, Paul Anka, Melanie C and Valery Gergiev.
- “Perestroika” category nominees are:
Sir Timothy Berners-Lee, scientist (Great Britain); Martin Cooper, ingeneer and inventor (USA); Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, politician (Brazil).
“Glasnost” category nominees are:
Ted Turner (USA), Steven Spielberg (USA), Bono (Ireland).
“Uskorenie” category nominees are:
Sergei Brin (USA), Jurgen Habermas (Germany), Ewans Wadongo (Kenya)
- On March 10th 2011 during the course of the welcome reception at Her Britannic Majesty Ambassador Residence in Moscow nominees for Mikhail Gorbachev unique award “A Man, who changed the world” were announced. Categoris of the Award, ‘Glasnost’, ‘Perestroika’ and ‘Uskorenie’ – three global terms, formulated by Mikhail Gorbachev to determine dimensions of his reforms, which have once changed our world. This Award will mark outstanding achievements of our contemporaries, who have changed the world and continue to.
- On the 10th of March 2011 in Her Britannic Majesty Ambassador Residence announcement of Mikhail Gorbachev’s unique award “A man, who changed the world” nominees will take place.
The unique award of Mikhail Gorbachev “A man, wno changed the world” is given in three nominations. Perestroika (Reconstruction), Glasnost (Free Speech) and Uskorenie (Speed-up) determine three general trends of global reformations, initiated by Mikhail Gorbachev, which led to colossal changes all over the world.
This award will mark outstanding achievements of our contemporaries, who have been changing our world to the better.